By Shay Jones
Sociopathy, or anti social personality disorder is a "mental health disorder characterized by disregard for other people. Those with antisocial personality disorder (ASPD) may begin to show symptoms in childhood, but the condition can't be diagnosed until adolescence or adulthood.”
Dr. Robert Hare's Sociopath Quiz
1. Does your lover have a history of getting into trouble with the law?
2. Is your lover charming and charismatic, but also manipulative and callous?
3. Does your lover have a history of lying or being dishonest?
4. Does your lover exhibit impulsivity or a lack of self-control?
5. Is your lover a risk taker?
6. Does your lover have a history of being irresponsible or neglectful?
7. Is your lover callous and insensitive to the feelings of others?
8. Does your lover lack remorse or guilt for his/her actions?
9. Does your lover feel entitled to whatever s/he wants, regardless of consequences?
10. Does your lover have a history of exploiting or manipulating others?
If you answered “yes” to most or all of these questions, then you may be involved with a sociopath.
This quiz is based on the Sociopathic Personality Inventory, developed by renowned psychologist Robert Hare. While it is not a diagnostic tool, it can give you a good idea of whether your lover has sociopathic tendencies.
If you are concerned about the results, please encourage your loved one to consult a mental health professional.